Sunday, December 14, 2014

Who is Aldus?

Lucky us!  In time for our painting trip to Venice in May 2015, the Gallerie dell'Accademia will be showing 300 never-before-seen paintings in 5 new rooms!  All this will be at a cost of 600,000 Euros (currently around $750,000).

While most of the paintings will be from the 14th to 17th centuries, they'll also host temporary exhibitions of modern and contemporary art...the first 2 will be Willem de Kooning and Aldus (whom I don't know and just tried to look up in vain...does anyone know him?  Of course, I'm "assuming" it's a man...why do I assume that?!).


Photo courtesy of www.virtualtourist.com
Helen K. Beacham
www.helenKbeacham.com
Come paint with me! 
In 2015, we're going to Venice, Niagara Falls, Montreal and so on!!!  
Find details HERE.

See my latest blog post HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment